New York Musings

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Ode to My Rice Bag

Oh, Rice Bag. I love you so.
When I lie in bed, you keep me warm.
For as the evening is chilly, you are there.
Since my landlord has turned off the heat over two weeks ago,
You, my rice bag, still care.
Rice bag, we looked, to find the rules
And, alas, we have learned, the minimum
"Fifty-five" at night, we read
As the chill numbed my toes
So I turned to you,
You plaid beauty,
Took you in my hands,
And placed you in the microwave.
Two minutes later and things were getting hot.
I took you to my room,
left you under the covers
ANd waited for my bed to be warm enough to tolerate.
While we always start off hot,
By morning, the flame has worn away.
Thermodynamics... our enemy.
Though you were still there,
By morning you were cold,
As was I.
But, oh, rice bag....
Rice dream...
Thank you for your warmth.



In other words... MY APARTMENT IS SO COLD!!!! I miss having heat that I could control! Blast this steam heat! Grrr.... At least I have my beanies... that I can wear.... all day.. even indoors.... grrr..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home