New York Musings

Sunday, March 13, 2005

My Birthday!

I had a good birthday, full of people who care a lot about me. I got to see Josh, which was nice because I havent seen him in awhile. Matt gave me his present, which was a CD. Dating a musician rocks!! We are not talking about some mixed CD of other peoples songs that made him think of me. Oh no. He actually got together his friends (who are also professional musicians) and recorded 6 songs for me. The songs are "Fly me to the moon," "Hallelujah, I love her so," "Night and Day," "You may be right," "Joey (when she's not around)," and "Isn't She lovely." He used piano (him), bass, drums, and saxophone. After he recorded the music tracks, then he recorded all the vocals (him again) and then the second vocal lines for harmonies (and again him). THEN... as if that wasn't enough... he went out, took pictures, and made a whole CD case to go with it!

Speaking of super sweet gestures for my birthday, Frank showed up at my door! He had booked a flight, took off three days from work, and flew her from Chicago to see me for my birthday! Apparently everyone knew about it but me. Frank told mom and josh, and mom had the foresight to let Matt know so that he wouldnt plan anything with me that would interfere with Frank being here. Frank called me and said "I'm getting rid of T-mobile. The reception really sucks in New York." At first I didnt believe he was actually outside of my house, but then when I looked out my front window and saw him, I became a little more convinced.

All in all, a good birthday. Good people around me. Now, maybe LaDonne next weekend, Mom and Katy for the week after, and Dad the next weekend. I am going to call march the month of Idaho coming to me. (Instead of me going to Idaho). Anyone else want to visit?

5 Comments:

  • At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Isn't she lovely"? isn't that about having a baby? That's just plain wierd.

     
  • At 2:03 AM, Blogger -Laurel- said…

    I do I do! Too bad I have to go to Indy instead of New York this month. Boo! WNCAA Baskball! But hopefully I'll at least get to see my family.

    I may not get to see you, but I called you. That should count for something. ;)

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger Jennifer Q said…

    Laurel - I just got your message now, Monday morning. Yay! Two days of birthday! No wait, three days!! yay! It just keeps going!

     
  • At 10:02 AM, Blogger MorsaJones said…

    so. (belated) HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! sounds like this josh character is a keeper. hm.

    and you could call it The Ides of March. get it? Ides. Idaho. March. Ha. Ha. Ha.

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have to comment on the comments. Matt, you're not allowed to comment of "Isn't she lovely."That would be like me saying "Pink Coat! Who on earth would buy something like that?" Just doesn't work when you're the one giving the gift.
    Comment for MorsaJones - A big Boo. Just because something start with ID doesn't mean you can substitute it for Idaho. When someone asks for our "ID," we don't pull out a tater and call it good. That was fun. - Mom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home