New York Musings

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Jenny Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Today was sweet! I went with Bruno and his mother to a chocolate factory. I saw how the chocolate was cut into pieces and packaged and everything. Lets be honest though. That wasnt the cool part. First, we had to wear the hair coverings and the gown type blue covering. I just love that. But, we got to eat AS MUCH CHOCOLATE AS WE COULD!!!! There were three different stations that we stopped at and at each station there were three or four different candies for us to eat of much of as was stomachable. The first station was three different types of white chocolate. One was mixed with coconut, one plain, and one with some nut (hazelnut I think). The next station was my personal favorite. They make these round chocolates that have a creamy hazelnut filling, then a wafer shell, then covered in two types of chocolate. The best part about the station was you could taste them in different stages, like before the chocolate coatings were applied. Mmm... The third station was my least favorite. Im not sure if that was because I was getting a little nauseous or the type of candy. One of the candy is experimental and not for sale yet. I hope for their sake it never is. It was called "Lipstick" in portugeuse and it was grape flavored white chocolate sticks. Ick. They had one that was like chocolate covered peanut brittle and another that was sticks of chocolate covered coconut. Not my thing.

So, regardless, I could eat AS MUCH AS I WANTED!!! hahaha.... every little kids dream. Bruno and I walked home.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:11 PM, Blogger MorsaJones said…

    i. am. extremely. jealous. AS MUCH CHOCOLATE AS YOU COULD EAT?!?!

     
  • At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think you may have just clued me in to my next vacation! That sounds like my idea of a good time.

     
  • At 11:37 PM, Blogger Jennifer Q said…

    LaDonne - I really thought of you the whole way. Seriously.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home