New York Musings

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

My New Toy

I got my new laptop!!! Yay!! It took me like 30 seconds to get it all set to go with my wireless router, so I now no longer have to sit at my kitchen table to use a computer, as I was doing before. And, this computer is super fast. To test it, I tried to think of a graphics-heavy page. Of course, I thought of the mad tennis webpage. Lickety-split, it was loaded. When I clicked on each picture for a larger view, fast as lightning.

What this little experiment has proven is that in this cases, the masses are correct - technology has improved since 1999.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger Mike said…

    Congrats!!! But, I'm guessing it wasn't a mac....

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Blogger Jennifer Q said…

    I really thought about getting a mac, but almost everything that I do, I have to be able to use at work also, where all of the computers are not. Plus, I have a smartboard and class sets of laptops when I want them, so I wanted to make sure it would be fully functional. I really debated though. It had nothing to do with my lack of confidence in macs.

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger MorsaJones said…

    hmm.. i thought arzhang had a good notion there.. but.. we'll see, i guess..

    go to the gates in central park and give me your thoughts on it. now. ha.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home