New York Musings

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Some things aren't right

So, through this whole ordeal, I have definetly learned that the most difficult virtue is that whole "turn the other cheek" idea. Essentially, that it is really hard to not be angry about everything that happened. I thought that since my initial reaction for the first month wasn't anger at all, that it would be smooth sailing from there. But now, two months later, I find myself forgetting the compassion and sympathy and being more self-pitying and angry.

But now, I'm actually just really annoyed at how the justice system works. I get a call from the District Attorney telling me that I need to bring down "his" documents that I still have - his social security card and his birth certificate - because he wants to move to nevada where he has family, and any large property such as his guitar. Apparantly, his lawyer said that he is willing to do a property exchange.

What the f*** is that all about? This isn't a divorce! This isn't something where I should have to negotiate! The stuff that I have is crap that he left behind because for months he just wouldn't get it out of my place. I didn't commit a felony. He is the one charged with burglary! I dont understand why if he is saying that he has it, and he very openly is saying that he gave the ring to a friend for a 20 dollar loan but he can get it back if he wants to, why there is any sort of trade going on at all. Granted, I dont want his things or his documents, and in fact have been very annoyed that I have had to keep them in my apartment for two months, but it's just stupid to me. I had a thousand dollars of debt on my credit card because of him, and I have to make sure he gets his 300 dollar guitar back?!! So that I can get the ring back that he ADMITTED he stole from me??!!

Im sorry..... I dont mean for my internet audience who normally sees only my softer side to see all this anger, but I have to get it out so that I can be thankful for thanksgiving. It just doesnt make sense. It's like Im being treated like I am equally at fault and we both just need to play nice. Ridiculous. Oh well. A lot more things could have been taken that would have been even more irreplaceable. I heart new york.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger MorsaJones said…

    speaking of musical instruments, what about yours?!?

    this whole thing just keeps surprising me.. i understand your frustration and anger at this whole exchange business.. it doesn't make much sense..

    i can't come up with anything that would really help besides "keep your head up, charlie"

     
  • At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Said, woman, take it slow
    It'll work itself out fine
    All we need is just a little patience
    Said, sugar, make it slow
    And we come together fine
    All we need is just a little patience
    [patience]

     

Post a Comment

<< Home