New York Musings

Monday, December 20, 2004

Hectic Few Weeks

Okay, so I just realized that judging by my blogger, it looks like I never made it out of that Tony Bennett concert. The concert, I would like to say was TOTALLY awesome.

So, this is going to be a quick update of how I have been the last couple of weeks. THe day after the concert I went to Idaho to surprise my mom's side of the family for Thanksgiving. Obviously, since it was a surprise and we all know that my mother reads this, I couldn't post that on here, even though I was very excited. Then, on my last day there, I had the day of bad luck.

I woke up early to drive back to Salt Lake City. On my way there it started snowing, and I was driving a Neon. "Screwed" I thought as soon as I felt how it handled. Sure enough, only a little while after calling home to warn my cousin that the roads were bad, I got in a wreck. Bleh. But here is where it gets funny (because my stories always do). I wasn't injured in the wreck. THe police officer told me after I called for a tow truck, to wlak back to his car where he would give me the paperwork. I sludged through the snow, and opened the passenger side car door. A gust of wind caught the door, flinging it open quicker than I had planned, and WHACK! The corner of the door hit me right in the eye, giving me quite a shiner to go back to school with. So, there I was. Stuck in Box Elder County, Utah, in Brigham City, to be exact, with a rapidly swelling eye. Laurie's parents (my step mom, whose car I had just wrecked) were kind enough to drive down from Layton to pick me up and take me to the airport. I arrived 15 minutes before my flight was supposed to leave, and barely made it. Yes!

I thought that my luck had changed when I found that I was seated next to a rather attractive gentleman who appeared to not mind chit chatting with a chick in pajama bottoms with a black eye. Apparently it had not though, as I somehow either lost or had my cell phone stolen in between the plane landing and reaching the baggage claim, for the purpose of making multiple calls to the Dominican Republic.

Since then, I moved into a new apartment, had my thesis proposal due, and now finals this week. Also, with the move, I have had connectivity issues due to difficulties finding a compatible wireless card for my computer. Sometimes I think, "Maybe its time to get a computer with something newer than Windows 98." But, then I realize that's just poppycock and just like Mom stuck with the ol' dot matrix until 2001, I shall stick with this.

So that's how my life has been. I will write more about the events since then later, but I mostly wanted to let the world know that I am alive and well. I head back to idaho on Christmas Eve and wil be there until January 1st.

I have some awesome summer plans formulating..... stay tuned!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:33 AM, Blogger Mike said…

    Wow! That sucks! And here I was thinking it was just a typical blog drought. I'm glad you made it through and I look forwards to continued updates!!

     
  • At 11:23 PM, Blogger -Laurel- said…

    Oh jenny! So good for a sympathetic laugh. ;)


    Thats' awesome you got to go home. I haven't seen my folks for like a year and a half and it's finally starting to get to me. :(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home