New York Musings

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Leavin' on a jet plane

SO here it is kids... I just booked my tickets to go to Brazil in February! yay! And... if everything works out as planned, I will be spending my summer in Florence Italy and traveling around Europe. Here is how this transpired...

By some odd fate, a few weeks ago I happened to be online when my cousin's old roommate from when he lived in Boise was online. I hadn't spoken to him (the roommate) in about 3 years or so, so I said hello and we started talking. We've been regularly in touch since then, and I told him, as I do everyone, that if he ever wanted to see New York, he was more than welcome to visit. He is from Brazil but he came to Idaho as an exchange student and then stayed for college. Right now he is in Brazil seeing his family for a few months, but will be returning to Italy in the spring. As I extended the visit offer, he reciprocated. I thought to myself, "Wow... now those are soom cool places to visit." So we started formulating a plan for the summer, since I have a couple of months off.

I was telling a friend about the plan and he mentioned that I may want to hang with this guy for a shorter time before I commit to a summer in a foreign country. He reminded me that we have a break in February. Since the roommie will still be in Brazil then, i can see South America in the spring, then Europe next summer. Fabulous! I discussed it with the roommie, he said it sounded like a good plan if I felt like flying to South America, and I booked the tickets (not that quickly, of course).

So... time to start learning some languages. This summer was going to be my present to myself for graduating (my master's) in May. Brazil can be my present to me for graduating from my undergrad, since I never really did anything for that except move right away to New York. Oh, how fun it is to rationalize big spending. Regardless of whether I deserve it or not, Im outta here!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:14 PM, Blogger Ines Tucakovic said…

    Enjoy Florence, Italy! It's absolutely
    gorgeous! That's where I want to end up
    living eventually...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home