New York Musings

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Taco

Today I went to Bruno's parents marina. I can see it from the back balcony across the water. His dad came and picked us up in a boat. Fun! Then we went to where he went to school until he moved to the US. I cant imagine having gone to school on a beachfront. I will post my pics when I return. THe highlight was realizing that in the southern hemisphere moss grows on the SOUTH side of the tree!! We decided it is because of the angle of the sun. We made it up though, but it worked in my head.

We went to the mall next. It was a large mall. The food court had shops like "Bobs Burgers," "Fry Chicken," "Montana Grill" (with pictures of brazilians in cowboy hats), "Hunger," etc. The favorite of the day.... I see this store... Clothing, trendy looking. The signs and posters look familiar. I realize that it is attempting to simulate a common store from america - The Gap (which they did have in the airport in Sao Paulo). However, the name of this store....


Taco.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm so glad you're posting to your blogger. This is so much better than a post card and let's me know you're still alive. Sounds like you're having lots of fun. Love, Mom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home