New York Musings

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Video day

Todays activities centered around food, videos and sleeping. I woke up around 11. We went to the marina, which isnt what we mean when we say marina. It is actually a boat garage. His parents right now have 26 boats that live there and when people want to take them out, there is a crane and stuff to put them into the water. So its not a ton of boats sitting in the water. THe water is actually kind of gross here. However, all along the rocks and walls are mussels and crabs. Neat! His mom made lunch which was this pasta with steak and a thick alfredo sauce. Yummy, but really rich. I was soooo tired afterwards. Ive been really tired both days. I dont know if its adjusting to the climate, the food, catching up on sleep, or all of the above.

We went to a video store. I dont feel like I look so horribly out of place, but when Bruno and I speak to each other, little kids especially stop and stare. We had a fun time looking at how all of the video titles were translated. He loves smallville, so we rented season 2 to watch a bit since it was pouring rain all day. When I thought bruno wasn't looking (he was sitting on the floor and I was on the couch) I tried to sneak a nap. (I've been doing that all day- 5 or ten minutes here and there. Im not even very sneaky with the whole drooling problem) Then we went back to the mall and saw the Meet the Fockers movie, or ENTRANDO NUMA FRIA MAIOR as it was listed here. Afterwards I tried sugarcane juice (mmmm yummy) and this pastry thing with ham and cheese. It wasn't the best thing in the world, but it was okay.

Im having a moral dilemna. The mcdonald's here have banana pies that he said if Im curious about, this is the only country that has them. However, as Ive proven before, I would rather risk having an accident in public than to even give that company a dollar so i could use a restroom. So, I dont know if i will try that.

Tomorrow, if it stops raining, we are doing something with his family. Tomorrow is the only day his parents have off. Im glad they want to spend time with us, even if I dont understand half of what they say (at least I DO understand the other half). They really are taking good care of me.

Interesting info - there are SOOOO many different types of bananas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home