New York Musings

Monday, February 21, 2005

Beach day

Today was a day of fun in the sun. I woke up, finished reading this 30 page article on the relationship between job types and epidemiology written in 1978,ate some papaya for breakfast, then we headed off to the beach. It was a perfect day today - a cool breeze, sunny, but not too hot. Bruno's parents also went with us. We took a walk along the beach to the area where they lived when bruno was growing up. Its very beautiful. Either no paved streets, or the main streets are stone. Nice and quaint. The water is extremely clean, except that the type of sand is a kind that mixes with the water a lot. In pictures, it looks murky, but it isnt pollution at all, just the sand. I hadnt been in the water for a long time, and it felt really good. I miss the Idaho rivers a lot.

I dont miss the Idaho mosquitoes. There are enough here in Brazil to make me remember them well. Theres a little gecko on the wall in the room next to me as I type. Interesting.

One of my arms is already red, and the other seems to be racing to catch up. (I swear I wore sunblock Mom!!) I think it may be from the sun on the way there in the car. My scalp is also a fighting contestant in the pinkish red competition. Scalp burns annoy me more than anything. Anyone have any good ideas for how to avoid them? Tomorrow I think we are going to a water park, so its gonna be the same story there too. I need to just mess up my hair more. Its not a problem with long hair because pulling it back gets rid of the part, but with short hair it wont go away. OH, my incredible woes. (hahah.... that was a joke...Im sitting in Brazil, come on!)

So, that's all for now. Hey mom - since I know you will read this... can you get me addresses for family people to send postcards to and email them to my gmail? Chris, Tim, Travis, Brandan. thanks!

Best wishes to all! Stay warm!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home