New York Musings

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Food

His mom offered me a mango for breakfast. She handed it to me and a big knife and said "I prefer the big knife. I think it works better." I thought "To cut my hand off with?" I had no idea what to do. So I just started mutilating the poor mango. His mom came back in laughing and showed me how she peels it. I did that and then I was stumped again, so I just started cutting it and stabbing the pieces with my fork. When his sister came in, I was bathing in mango, and she laughed too. I didnt know the shape of the pit, but now that i do, next time will be easier.

Last night we had my new favorite weird treat. Take bread, put butter on it. Sprinkle some garlic. Toast it. mmmmm.... Oh wait, I forgot a step. Put banana slices on it before you toast it!!! Banana garlic bread!! Oddly good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home