New York Musings

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Driving gloves

I would never buy them for myself, but I love them. I had on my suede gloves today while I was driving home for work. It was like a party between my hands and the steering wheel With only a light touch from my hand, the gloves gripped the wheel and I could turn it as easy as spinning a pinwheel. They were wonderful.

Then I thought... leather... hmm... what's my opinion? Well, I decided that if you eat meat you can't be against leather because you're already killing a cow. So, of course, use it for whatever you can. Take a lesson from Little House and the Prarie and make a toy out of the organs. But, the problem of course, is that maybe animals are being killed just for the skins.

At some point I will remember to research this.... but for now - any opinions out there? Does leather come from cows that are also being slaughtered for the meat? Or, are the animals killed for the meat and the other parts are discarded and different cows slaughtered? Any insider info out there?

1 Comments:

  • At 1:27 PM, Blogger Mike said…

    You are safe in your assumptions. Leather comes from cows that are slaughtered for both leather and meat. Aligators on the other hand...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home