New York Musings

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Holy Smokes, Fresh Prince!

My mother has just alerted me that the original few episodes of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air had two extra verses where Will is seen drinking champagne on an airplane. I promptly researched the matter, and found the rumor to be true. The complete lyrics are as follows. Does anyone remember these? I thought I knew them word for word... now I need to practice again.

Now this is the story all about how,
My life got flipped, turned upside down,
And I’d like to take a minute, just sit right there,
I’ll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air.

In West Philadelphia, born and raised
On the playground is where I spent most of my days.
Chillin’ out, maxin’, relaxin all cool,
And all shootin’ some b-ball outside of the school.

When a couple of guys who were up to no good,
Started makin’ trouble in my neighborhood.
I got in one little fight and my mom got scared,
And said You’re movin’ with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air.


I begged and pleaded with her the other day
But she packed my suitcase and sent me on my way
She gave me a kiss and she gave me my ticket
I put my walkman on and said I might as well kick it

First class, yo this is bad,
Drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass
Is this what the people of Bel-Air livin' like,
Hmm this might be alright!



I whistled for a cab, and when it came near,
The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror.
If anything I could say that this cat was rare,
But I thought Nah forget it, "Yo home to Bel Air."

I pulled up to the house about seven or eight,
and I yelled to the cabby "Yo homes, smell ya later."
Looked at my kingdom, I was finally there,
To fill my throne as the Prince of Bel Air.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:09 PM, Blogger MorsaJones said…

    yeah.. these original lyrics were on his album.. back when will smith was just a rapper instead of an actor/rapper.. it was dj jazzy jeff and the fresh prince.. classic..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home