New York Musings

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Does taste matter?

I don't think I care what food tastes like anymore. This is what I just made for myself.... some white rice (easy, because I have a rice cooker), plain broccoli (in the steamer part of the rice cooker) with some organic kindney beans thrown on top. No salt, no flavor. I mean really, NO flavor hardly. I don't even care. I just want food that is quick and healthy. I dont want good tasting microwave dinners loaded with chemicals. I'm also trying to not grocery shop so that I actually use things like the cans of garbanzo beans or the 12 cans of tuna.

How am I ever going to cook for someone from Venezuela? I don't want him to think that all American food has no taste? Or, worse yet, for him to secretly begin eating McDonald's or other devil-spawned food. Ugh. I hope he can cook, because let's face it, I'm no use anymore. If he relies on me, it is going to be plain, dry noodles with a side of peas for dinner. No, that's not true. I always overcook my noodles because I get distracted. He will have soggy, tasteless noodles with peas. Yummmm.... I hope he is excited.

Lucky for me, none of you know him, so you can't warn him... Hahahaha!!!!

wow... that was evil... (jenny... stop writing.... stop writing.... )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home