New York Musings

Sunday, February 26, 2006

My vacation week

Things I have done during this week off...

Eric's cousin was here, so we piddled around with him.
Visited LaDonne. (yay!)
Tried on dresses. and more dresses. and more dresses.
Celebrated my Grandma's 84th birthday.
Finished putting together all of the invitations.

But... the climax of the week happened today.

I don't know if this is politically correct, but we did what we call "Poor shopping." We go on to craigslist.org, and straight to the "Free Stuff" section. Then, if we see something we can use - we get it! Today was a big score. We got a sweet dresser and matching nightstand.
Until now, Eric's things have been in these storage crates from Staples, turned sideways like a makeshift shelving unit (if youre not sure what I mean, think back to college.. i'm sure you knew someone that had the same). So, a real 6-drawer dresser is quite a step up. Plus, it will allow us to organize the room a lot better and for me to take back some of my space (WOO HOO!!).

But I have to work tomorrow. The more I'm an employee, the more I think I was made to be self-employed. This whole "going to work" thing just doesn't sit well with me after awhile. Maybe I'm just lazy. I don't think so though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home