New York Musings

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Mi Vida Nueva

Well, I am back and finally stationary (until Friday when I will go camping, haha). After a month of mission work, a few days in Boise, a few weeks in Idaho Falls and an almost 3000 mile drive to new york from Idaho, I am stopped. I started going in to my new work this week. I think I will like this job. I will post more details later, but essentially I am supervising math instruction at a middle school. I have an office and a desk instead of a classroom now. It is neat and I feel like a grown up.

My friend Danny moved into the apartment. He is my swell Venezuelan/Canadian pal that I have known for almost a year. We commiserate about being new New Yorkers and the state of the world. And he cooks, which is always nice.

I have my car also, so I feel free again. I hate to be dependent on it, but I must say it felt good to go shopping for groceries and not be limited by transportation troubles.

The plans are still in the works for Eric to be coming from Venezuela to stay with Danny and I for a few months and study English here. I am probably the most excited about this. I think he will be great fun to have here and actually spending time with him in a non-structured environment will be good.

My cousin had her baby, beautiful Taylyn, and started college. Spending so much time with her this summer was good for the soul.

All in all, I feel refreshed and invigorated. New car, living situation, job, friends, guy, and renewed faith. I even painted part of my bedroom yellow for a little spice.

And....

best of all...

.....

.....

¡¡¡¡¡¡I AM DONE WITH COLLEGE!!!!!!!

For the first year of my life, I will not be going to school!!! No night classes, no more City College commute - nada, nunca.... ¡¡¡BUENO!!! ¡¡¡Finalmente!!

Keep in touch with me!! I have time - finally!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home