New York Musings

Monday, August 08, 2005

Pajama Party and Im invited!!

Okay, it is 4:15 pm and I am still in my pajamas... WOOO... I'm such a bum.

BUT!! what that means is that I am back in the country and back in Idaho. Okay, I have been for a few days, but I needed that time to readjust to American life before I could actually blog.

My time in venezuela was amazing. I am going to be uploading pictures and inserting stories, daily probably since I have enough time to be sitting in my pajamas still in the middle of the day. For now though... a brief summary...

3 days - leadership training in Miami.
2 days - training with the kids (46 students, 40 of which were a group from Ohio)

First 2 weeks in venezuela - drama evangelism. We performed a 20 minute skit 4 times a day in different neighborhoods, parks, churches, street corners, plazas. My team was mostly in poor village type areas.
(kids flew home after 2 weeks)

Next week in venezuela - medical works. Each day, the team (3 docs, 2 nurses, 3 other adults and 4 kids) set up a medical clinic in whatever space the community had given us (churches or schools mostly). We saw 250-300 patients a day. We saw everything from dehydration to parasites to a woman having a heart attack at that moment.

Back in Miami 2 days - readjusting and debriefing before sending the kids back home and before we left. (Only myself and 1 other person were there all the way from day 1 until day 28).

Free day activities : Week 1 - supposed to be the beach, but because of hurricane Emily it was shopping.
Week 2 - Beach (sunburn!!!!)
Week 3 - horseback riding, hiking, swimming under a waterfall in the Andes mountains.

That's the "pack a whole month of incredible experiences into a brief posting" style summary. Like I said, stories and pictures will be posted regularly as I enjoy my relaxing time in Idaho. ahhh... home...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home