New York Musings

Friday, June 10, 2005

Good People Marathon - Part II - LA

I am in LA for a wedding until Sunday. This part of the trip so far will be part II of the good people marathon, of three parts.

5. Wednesday - Brandan. For anyone who knows me, or Brandan, I need not go into the power of the relationship that I have with this person. Brandan has been everything to me at some point or another. He is my beloved cousin who I grew up with side-by-side. We spent our summers together everyday in elementary school, we drove to school together everyday in junior high and high school. In college, I did my laundry at his apartment and we shopped together, danced together, and spent hours on the phone together (usually at work at 6 am). As Brandan told someone last night "We are really more like brother and sister than anything else." Also, we have agreed that for every ten thousand he makes as an actor, I should get 100 (1%). I have confidence that he will make it big, so this should pan out.

6. Thursday - Brandon from ACI. When Brandan my cousin asked how Brandon and I knew each other, he replied "Jenny tutored me in Calculus." Personally, I would have never said that I tutored him, even though I was being paid to. Brandon was my math partner for a good three years of math agony. Without his calculator skills, I dont know if I ever would have passed some of those classes. But since then, he has also become a good friend and someone I respect a lot. He went to engineering school in St Louis and is now working full time in LA. He still finds time to have fun though.

7. Thursday - Laurel. Oh, Laurel. I have known her since I was 8 years old. All of my funniest, scariest, happiest, and craziest memories of high school involved Laurel in one way or another. We were in drama together, pulled pranks together, met Weird Al, walked around the river, and spent countless hours with other random people together (petr with the big head, Gary from Iowa...). Laurel went to school in Boston and has made her way to California, and eventually LA. I would have voted her the person most likely to have nothing to do with the sports industry, but here she is - doing computer graphics for the broadcasts of professional sporting events. It is good to see Laurel, but more importantly, it is good to see Laurel happy.

Wow... 7 people already! I said it was going to be a marathon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home