New York Musings

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Unleashed

I went and saw Unleashed tonight. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was a good flick. As I told my "friend" that I saw the movie with, it was the perfect movie for the two of us to watch because the male portion of the movie-going couple is satisfied with the fighting aspect, while the musical and female portion of the couple finds emotional fulfillment in the piano music and the story of a tortured soul being accepted into a loving family. There are some pretty intense fighting scenes, though not extremely bloody, so I was able to keep one eye open. The main characters, Morgan Freeman and Jet Li, are an interesting combination of actors which I think is successfully pulled off. There isn't a whole lot to the script, but I think the simplicity of it is what pulls off the whole feeling of the peacefulness of the new family that Danny (jet li) joins after being a leashed fighter all of his life previously. But yeah, good flick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home