New York Musings

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Bad Day for technology

Yesterday, I used my palm pilot, entering some upcoming events and tasks. Then I got home, got ready for bed, and went to set the alarm. The little bugger would not turn on though. Phooey! This happened once before. So, the memory was wiped. Oh well, at least I had it all backed up on my computer.

So I checked my email this morning before I went to work, then shut down my computer, put it in my bag, and headed to work. When I got to work, the computer wouldnt turn on. I tried plugging it in, even though I knew I had charged it, and it still wouldnt turn on. So, I called Dell when I got home tonight, and the prognosis is that the motherboard is fried. Well phooey again!

This just goes to show... just like how my mother's clothes washer from the early 80's was able to last twenty years, my desktop computer that I bought in 1999 has never had a single problem. They just dont make things like the used to. However, this one may be my fault, due to just overuse and overheating. Hopefully the tech guy from the Phillipines (literally - I asked. He has a brother in Jersey though that works in the city who he sees about once every 7 years) is correct and there is no issue with my hard drive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home