New York Musings

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Don't hate me for what I am about to say...

But in the last month, I have lost 8 pounds and I am soooo mad! I haven't gone to the gym in a few weeks. The first couple of weeks were because my classes were culminating and I was swamped. The last two weeks or so, it was because I have been sick (which I still am, really, but I decided to fight it out). So, I went to the gym today, and the first thing that I always do is weigh myself. When I weigh myself, i usually do it when I go on a Saturday morning so that the weights are comparable. Well, normally I weigh 128, but today, I got on the scale, immediately moved the slider over to 128, and it didn't move down. "Curious..." I thought. Well, I HAVE been sick, so probably a couple of pounds got lost... So I slid it down to 125. Still no movement?? "What is this nonsense?" I thought. So, I AGAIN moved it, and continued until the weight was balanced, at which point the weight was at 120 pounds. "NOOOO!!!" I thought. I haven't weighed a mere 120 in like three years. Grrrr.... 120 to me is a sign that I am not in good health, which upsets me.

So... that is where I will be for the next few weeks - at the gym getting in shape for my trip to Venezuela. I absolutely cannot be some namby-pamby 120 pound weighing girl when I go there. No way, mister.





(Epilogue - for all of you thinking... what an idiot... complaining about losing weight... Remember that it is not the number that is my issue, but the indication that the health of my body has deteriorated and I have lost muscle mass...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home