New York Musings

Thursday, September 15, 2005

What to say...

I have sooo many things that I want to blog!! No, really!! Part of why I havent been blogging more is because sooo many things are going on. My job is awesome. I am really enjoying working with the new teachers. Like I told someone, "they are cuter than new students." All so idealistic and mildly neurotic. It is great. But I really feel like I am making an impact on the world too. It is still a weird feeling when a "model lesson" needs to be taught, and Im the person who does it. But, that is my job now. I always wanted to be a model. Hahaha. And that agent said I was too short. Pbbtthh!! Haha.

More exciting, we are in the final stretch with Eric's coming to america process. Which, I must say, really is quite a process. I told my mom that I dont know how someone could do this if it wasnt an American and a foreigner working together. For the student visa, he first had to be accepted somewhere, which required an application fee. Then, he had to get an appointment with the Embassy. To TALK TO SOMEONE to make the appointment, you have to pay 24 dollars by credit card. Then, to actually go to the appointment, you have to pay another fee at a Banco Provincial in Venezuela in bolivares, plus the student database registration fee online, plus another fee at the embassy to actually send you the visa and your passport. Some with credit cards, some online, some in Bs. What a mess!!!

But, we are almost done. We have all the school stuff done, and the appointment with the embassy for October 6. So, if all goes well, he will be here November 8 and stay until April. Yay, here for my birthday!! yay!! What a present! haha. For all you people out there who will need to meet him, give your stamp of approval or whatever, start scheduling it in. You know who you are.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i bet you're laughing when we new teachers complain/whine/feel lost and deserted

    thanks for keeping the morale up

     

Post a Comment

<< Home