New York Musings

Thursday, September 08, 2005

I deserve my license

My adult license, that is. Okay, I don't actually have a slip, but at some point we all either earn, or establish that we will never earn, our license to be considered a functional adult member of society.

Of course, there is the new job. I have an office, with TONS of bookshelves and meeting space. I will be getting a SmartBoard and a work laptop. Every day, I send a supportive email to the department with activity suggestions or other helpful information. I have 17 teachers in the (math) department. 8 are new. 6 of the 17 are special ed teachers. Today was the first day with students, and my teachers, especially the new ones, were prepared. They had activities, markers, procedures - all prepared.

I am going to like this job.

There are a couple of other ways I feel adult. The second is my relationship with Eric. I will be meeting his family in a few weeks (October 1-5) in Venezuela, and then if all goes well with the embassy and what not, he will be here in November. But all in all, having that person that I will be spending my life with just feels "adult" to me.

Last, my food. Danny and I cook all the time. Our kitchen is as close to the Jetson's as it can be by shopping at Target. Rice cooker, cappuccino machine, crock pot, mixer, etc. Today's meal really is what earned me my adult license though. This morning, into the crock pot went 3 pounds of beef, carrots, onions, and then later squash. Mmmm. We eat gooood here. (Since we've seen pot roast, I've included a picture of VZ ground beef that Danny prepared a couple days ago.)

So, after living on my own in New York city for two years and traveling on my own to South America twice in six months, I finally have fully earned my adult license. yay!!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:16 AM, Blogger Jennifer Q said…

    haha... i think if you post it on the internet, it's not exactly between you and me anymore. But I appreciate the kind words, nonetheless.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home