New York Musings

Monday, October 11, 2004

The Passing of a Friend

Someone from IF called me yesterday and told me that Ben Thomas passed away last week. I had known him since fourth grade, although not seen him once since we graduated high school and he moved to Colorado. He was always a very funny person and sweet. In 4th grade, every morning I would walk to school with him, Cait McCracken, and Jason Spicer. Cait passed away last year, at about this same time. Life really is a gift. I haven't spoken to Jason in about two years, so I called him today. It's nice to have old friends.

I wasn't able to find the obituary online, so I emailed the Post Register and they sent it to me. If anyone else would like to see it, I will forward it on.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:14 PM, Blogger -Laurel- said…

    Oh my god. I am curious as to what happened.

    I never really talked to him, but i had a big crush on him in Seventh grade. His locker was right by mine.

    It's like everyone we knew is either married or dead.

    Ok, not really. but some are.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home