New York Musings

Thursday, October 07, 2004

A Very Sad Day

Right before school today, a freshman girl was hit by a car in front of the school. I was already in my room, but I heard a lot of crying in the hallways. Apparently a lot of students saw it happen. The street in front is busy enough that its dangerous, but not busy enough that cars have to move slowly. They said the girl was alive, but not moving.

I know nothing like this ever happened at my high school. People got hurt, but nothing ever happened that so many people saw. I've never seen someone get hurt. Not even a broken bone before. I can't even imagine.

For those that pray, meditate, think deeply, or whatever, please keep the girl and the other students in your thoughts. Thanks.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger Jennifer Q said…

    The girl is going to be all right. She has a broken leg and is pretty badly beaten from both the impacts, but all right overall. They made an announcement a little awhile ago. Also, they brought in a crisis team from the regional office.

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger MorsaJones said…

    did you talk about it in your classes? poor girl..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home