New York Musings

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Best Laid Plans

I have decided that I never have enough time. I was debating whether this is just a fact of life, and actually nobody ever has as much time as they would like to get everything done that they would hope to, or whether it is something about my particular situation.

First, I decided that everybody thinks that they don't have enough time. There is always something fun that you want to be doing but can't do because of something else that takes priority. I don't think that is the same as not having enough time though, because as long as you are still accomplishing required chores and leaving enough time to better yourself a little and enjoy yourself here and there, you have enough time. Really, what most people mean is that they wish they could allot the time differently and spend less on chores and more on fun.

I really don't feel like I have enough time though. I think it is just getting used to being a teacher, teaching two different classes, having a hundred students ( i only had 50 last year), and going to school at night. Now that I have students that care about what they are learning, I have so many ideas and ways to engage them. The only problem is that I never have the time to type up the handouts, plan the powerpoints, grade the projects, etc. I started out my thesis wanting to really do some good research and learn a lot and now Im just barely getting done what I need to for class each week. I am sure it will be better next year when I have taught the course before and when I don't have to go to class at night.

If any one would like to volunteer to do my dishes, grocery shopping, laundry, cooking, or cleaning, these services are all also in desperate need of being done. Applicants must submit a one page resume with a cover letter and at least one letter of recommendation. Serious applicants only, please!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger Mike said…

    Yet you have enough time to blog. I applaud that!

     
  • At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was thinking on the same lines as Mike and also thinking that I never have enough time and yet, I have enough time to read your blog about not having enough time. I think it's spreading. - Mom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home