New York Musings

Saturday, July 31, 2004

Grocery Day, NYC style

I'm slowly becoming a lazy New Yorker. This week, after much convincing by my classmates and the ads in the subway, I decided to order my groceries online. The last time that I did grocery shopping, the fruit was old, the cheese was molded, and I was fed up. A friend told me that if you order from Fresh Direct, the produce and other products are guaranteed to be of good quality. At first I thought it would be ridiculously priced, but the delivery fee was only 4.95 and most of the products cost about the same as what I would have paid at a supermarket here. Plus, since my main transportation is the heel-toe express, it saved me carrying my goods for a half mile in the summer heat and humidity. Needless to say, I am very happy with my online shopping experience.

However, if I start paying for other people to do my laundry, I won't be able to look myself in the eye anymore. That's too far.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:25 PM, Blogger Mike said…

    I was checking out your links and tried your Mary Kay one. I was greeted with the following:

    " Your current browser is: Firefox 0.8.

    Please click on of the links below to upgrade your current browser to enable you to fully view my site."

    Now, I consider Firefox an UPGRADE to the recommended browsers it suggested. I was not able to view anything past this page... not that I would purchase Mary Kay products. AND!!!! I am using Firefox 0.9 thank you ;) I hope you have some contacts that can fix this issue.

    I feel better now. Very cool about the groceries. I wish I could order them online!

     
  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger Jennifer Q said…

    All right Mike... I filed a complaint with the website people and told them that Firefox 0.9 should be more than adequate and requested a list of supported browsers. I know the issue wasn't that you were dying to get a new eyeshadow, but more of a techie-pride wounding. I apologize from all of MaryKay.

    On the grocery delivery... Its kind of weird not browsing the aisles though. If i had a car, I wouldnt order them.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home