New York Musings

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Where I'm at...

Well, I was inspired by Arzhang's post that was inspired by Mike's post...

I'm in Atlanta now - for the NCTM conference. Before today was the research Pre-session. I like attending things like this because they take me out of my own little bubble. They make me reconnect with the ideas and passions that inspired me to teach in the first place.

I say that literally and figuratively. Within 15 minutes of being here, a man came and sat down next to me. I thought a moment, and then did a double take. It was my mentor teacher from my first year of teaching!!! He observed me every other day in the Bronx High School. Then, today, I sat down in a seat for the Key Note speaker, picked up the materials on my seat, and saw the face of one of my professors staring back at me from the front of a brochure. It brought back a flood of memories from CCNY and my master's program. And to think - I still have 3 more days here!!

My big decision this week was that I applied to a master's program. My goal in life is going to be to collect degrees, I think. Ok, not really. But, I applied to a non-thesis program in order to get my administrator's license. It's not that I don't enjoy my work, but there isn't much room to move from here, except to other online schools and positions. Having an administrator's license would just give me a few more options (some of which would include having summers off again!).

So, there is what is going on in my life. Oh, and if you haven't read "The World is Flat" you HAVE to read it. Seriously.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Did you post this twice to inspire others to blog? Unfortunately, it didn't work on me. :P

    Mom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home